Disclaimer

This is my blog, hence the name, "My Own Little Hiding Spot." This is where I'm free to write what I want about whatever I want. If you think I'm talking about you, you might be right. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. If what I say inspires you to have something you want to say about the subject, feel free to comment. Just do not use my blog as a place to start an argument with me over what I post. Again, it's my blog, if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 6 in Disney

We ended up making up with Tony at the end of Day 5, and we all agreed to enjoy our last day together and get along like adults (ha!).

We had 8:00 breakfast reservations at Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios.







The food here was better than the Chef Mickey's, or at least I thought so. At this breakfast we got to see Leo & June from the Little Einsteins and Jojo & Goliath from Jojo's Circus




I really think June had a thing for Bear. She enjoyed rubbing his head and flirting every time she passed by.





At 1 point during breakfast, I was digging in Piglet's bag and pulled out her light stick and left it on the table. Piglet & I took a potty break and when we came back, Tony showed this to me



See what I mean about June having a thing for my husband?

We finished breakfast right as the park was officially opening for the day, and Tony & I decided we wanted to ride the Hollywood Tower of Terror and Aerosmith's Rockin Rollercoaster before the lines got too long. Let me just mention Rockin Rollercoatser & Tower of Terror are our must dos at Disney, and must do at least twice! Those are the 2 rides we both agreed we couldn't miss.

We dropped Piglet & Bear off at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area and made our way to ToT and RR.

I have to say ToT SUCKED. Either my memory is bad or we just had a crappy ride that day, but it wasn't at all what I remembered it to be, so after 1 ride I was over it. When we got to RR the line was kinda long, so we agreed to get in the single rider line. This meant we wouldn't be able to ride together, but we could walk right onto the ride, and that was ok, we just wanted to ride. I got paired with a dad and his 2 kids and we were in the front car. It was AWESOME! I'd never ridden in the front car on RR before and it was the best ride ever. The dad and his kids had never ridden RR at all and they really seemed to enjoy it. After we got off RR Tony & I decided that since we hadn't waited long to get on RR the 1st time we would go ahead and take our 2nd ride now so we wouldn't have to come back later. I got paired with another dad and kids, but this time we were in the middle of the car and instead of riding with 1 of the kids I was with the dad. And this ride sucked. Apparently there was some kind of technical difficulty while we were waiting to take off b/c our take off was slightly delayed. And then the entire ride was silent. Normally, an Aerosmith song is blaring in your ears as you take the twisting, turning, and upside down ride on RR but this ride..... NOTHING. At 1 point during the ride I heard a guy from a few rows back say, "Uhhhh, MUSIC!" So not the most perfect experiences on 2 of our favorite rides.

After all that we headed back to Honey I Shrunk the Kids to find Bear & Piglet, but the stroller was gone..... We found them sitting under a tree a few blocks away and Bear showed me all the pictures he'd taken of Piglet:



While we were trying to decide what to do next, Piglet noticed a Monsters, Inc. sign across from where we were sitting, so we headed there to see what it was. Come to find out, it was an autograph signing with Mike & Sulley, so we got in line.





After Mike & Sulley, we wanted to see the Lights, Camera, Action Stunt Show, but still had some time to kill before it started so we saw the Ariel show. It was a really good show, neat effects and they managed to wrap up the entire story into a 15 minute show.





After that we went back to the stunt show. Piglet & I weren't near as interested as Tony & Bear, but it was still a good show. Bear was so enthralled by it he forgot to take any pictures!

We took a break for lunch and then decided it was time for the Backlot Tour.






We wanted to see the Toy Story attraction, but the wait was over an hour when we first checked it out and it only got longer as the day progressed so we skipped that one.

The rest of our afternoon at Hollywood Studios consisted of the Muppets 3-D show, and a photo opportunity with Mater & Lightning McQueen.





Bear & Tony wanted to see the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, but I really don't care for that show, so we all stopped for ice cream and Piglet & I finished ours while the boys caught the show. After they went into the show, Piglet kept asking, "Where's Ana Jones?" I wanna see Ana Jones." Thankfully I heard music after we finished cleaning up after ice cream, so we went off to find out what was going on. It was a High School Musical 3 show.



Though we don't really know anything about HSM, Piglet surely enjoyed the show and I thought it was cute. The boys came out of Indiana Jones just as the HSM show was ending. I snapped a few more pictures and then it was time to head back to Pop Century to get ready for dinner at the Hoop de Doo.




**I should take this time to point out that this trip was a week after the Florida/LSU game. Everyday while we were at Disney we saw at least 3 people with LSU gear on and Bear had to talk to all of them!**

We got back to Pop Century, changed our clothes and headed to the car to drive to Fort Wilderness for dinner. I debated bringing my video camera but decided against it b/c I didn't wanna have to keep up with it and my digital camera. (We only ended up using the video camera 1 time the entire trip!) Piglet hadn't napped all day, and fell asleep on the ride there. Once we parked the car we had to wait for a bus to take us to Pioneer Hall for dinner. Piglet didn't budge an inch when we got her out of the car.



We finally got to Pioneer Hall and were waiting for the 1st show to let out so we could go in. The next thing I know, Bear is holding a still sleeping Piglet chatting up an older couple who had recognized Bear's UL shirt. Come to find out this couple was from New Orleans! We sat with them on a bench discussing home, LSU, UL and the Saints until it was time to go inside.

** Growing up, the Hoop De Doo was always a tradition for our family visits to Disney and Tony & I didn't want to miss it this trip. We knew what to expect going in, but Bear had no idea. Would he enjoy it as much as we always did?**



We woke Piglet as we walked in- we didn't want her to miss dinner or the show and it would've been kinda hard for 1 of us to hold her and try to eat. When we got to our table, they already had cornbread and salad waiting for us. Our waiter was GREAT! He came by and got our drink order and when he delivered our drinks, he gave Piglet a handful of straws and told her she was in charge of them.



The cornbread was soooo good. It tasted just like the cornbread we make at home, with the perfect amount of sweetness. While we were finishing up the cornbread and salad, the show began.

The Hoop de Doo is an old-fashioned dinner show that includes foot-stompin' music, nostalgic comedy and an all-you-care-to-eat dinner. It's hosted in a rustic dance hall, with rousing Wild West dancing, singing, and zany vaudeville comedy. You never know what to expect from the high-spirited Claire de Lune, Johnny Ringo, Dolly Drew, Six Bits Slocum, Flora Long and Jim Handy.



During the show, the cast has a lot of interaction with the audience- they come out and sing in between the tables and involve the audience. I wish I had brought my video camera- we were seated at a table on the floor and it was highly likely we were going to get picked to participate in some way during the show.

Their version of "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain" involves asking where particular audience members are from and making up a rhyme about it. And wouldn't you know, we were asked where we're from!
Us: "Louisiana."
Them: [singing] "OH they come from Louisiana when they come, Oh they come from Louisiana when they come."
And then it happened.... the cast member made up a rhyme on the spot: "Oh they come from a Southern State and here they sit... GATOR BAIT."

It was absolutely HILARIOUS yet embarrassing at the same time. I really wished I had brought my damn video camera! It was probably one of the biggest highlights of our trip and we still talk about it to this day.

The food was oh so good: Fried chicken, BBQ ribs, baked beans, mashed potatoes. The waiter brought Piglet her own bowl of mashed potatoes, too!



And the rest of the show was very entertaining.



At the very end, they hand out scrub boards for the audience to play along.



By far, the Hoop de Doo was Bear's favorite event of the trip. And it's definitely going to be a tradition for future visits. It was the perfect ending for our trip.

When we got back to Pop Century, Bear & Piglet headed to bed while Tony & I made 1 last trip to Downtown Disney for any souvenirs we didn't already have.

Next up: Now it's time to say good bye.... To all our family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment