We leisurely got dressed and ate breakfast. I went down to wash some clothes- I know I was on vacation, but it was less for me to wash when we got home!- and it looked like it might rain. Maybe skipping the park that day was a good idea.
But, if you know me, I wasn't going to let Bear slide that easily. I talked him into heading to Downtown Disney for some souvenir shopping. We could get everything we wanted to bring home and be done with that. Somehow we missed the rain, and I got almost all the souvenirs I wanted. Our last stop was Goofy's Candy Co. where we each got a yummy treat. Bear had a toffee treat, Piglet got a GIANT cupcake covered in HOT PINK icing, and I got a HUGE Oreo with orange filling. Bear's treat was good, Piglet's cupcake was delish and my oreo was kinda blah. Next time I'm getting a gourmet apple- chocolate, caramel, & candy!
When we got back to Pop Century, we went down to the food court for dinner. It was pretty good. Not a HUGE variety, but not bad. A little pricey, though.
Then we decided to take Piglet for a swim. The weather outside was warm and the pool was supposed to be heated so I was all for it, plus we'd gotten her a set of Nemo arm floaties at Downtown Disney in anticipation of going swimming. MISTAKE! The water was freezing! I think I got in for a total of about 5 minutes. Bear & Piglet probably swam for about 30 mins before I finally talked them into going back to the room for popcorn & tv.
When I got back from making the popcorn, this is how I found Piglet- wrapped in her blanket with no clothes underneath!

And that was our restful day. It sucked to not hang out with Tony that day or do anything exciting, but my family seemed to thank me for giving them an easy day.
Next up: Our last full day in Disney- Breakfast with the Little Einsteins, Disney's Hollywood Studios and dinner at the Hoop-de-Doo Revue.

No comments:
Post a Comment