Disclaimer

This is my blog, hence the name, "My Own Little Hiding Spot." This is where I'm free to write what I want about whatever I want. If you think I'm talking about you, you might be right. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. If what I say inspires you to have something you want to say about the subject, feel free to comment. Just do not use my blog as a place to start an argument with me over what I post. Again, it's my blog, if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

This One's for the Girls

You know who you are....

It's crazy how you meet people and then all of the sudden you realize they've become your best friends. You tell them everything and can talk for hours on end without running out of stuff to say. Of course, it helps when you don't talk to them everyday so when you get the chance every few weeks to talk you've got plenty to talk about.

I just want you to know that even though we don't always get to talk everyday or see each other regularly, I still consider you my best friends. I know if I need anything, I can call you, even if we haven't spoken in a month, and you'll be there for me. And I hope that you know I'd do the same for you.

Life just seems to get in the way - A LOT, and it's hard to keep track of work, the house, the family, and everything else going on and it seems that friendships are what gets pushed to the back burner. Not that I don't think about you at all, because I do: right in the middle of rush hour traffic, or while I'm doing my hair, or as I lie down in bed at night. But I know that our friendships do not suffer by being on the back burner, it just means that they're stronger because they can survive sitting back there for a little while.

So just remember I love you, and if you ever feel the need to call me up at 3am, go for it! I might be slightly disoriented when I answer, or you might have to call twice before I answer, but I'll always get up to talk to you.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Couldn't of said it better!!

    ReplyDelete