Disclaimer

This is my blog, hence the name, "My Own Little Hiding Spot." This is where I'm free to write what I want about whatever I want. If you think I'm talking about you, you might be right. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. If what I say inspires you to have something you want to say about the subject, feel free to comment. Just do not use my blog as a place to start an argument with me over what I post. Again, it's my blog, if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 3 in Disney

We got to sleep a few minutes later on this day because we had no breakfast plans. I'd brought along our toaster and electric kettle, a gallon of milk, dry cereal, oatmeal, grits, poptarts, and a loaf of bread for breakfasts and lunches that we didn't already have planned.

When we got to Epcot, there seemed to be a lot of people headed to the entry gates, but once we actually got it, there didn't seem to be too many people there- every attraction had a 10 minute wait, at most-, plus the weather was finally warming up so we almost didn't need our jackets.




We tried to get a 'group' picture in front of Spaceship Earth, but someone wouldn't cooperate....



Epcot doesn't really have a lot of rides, maybe 10 and a few shows to see. We did Spaceship Earth (Wanna see some funny stuff, watch our videos from Spaceship Earth: Me & Piglet, Bear & Tony), Ellen's Energy Adventure, we skipped Mission: SPACE (I had a bad experience on it when it 1st opened and have no desire to EVER do it again). Bear & I rode Test Track while Tony entertained Piglet. For Bear not liking roller coasters and anything much more than kiddie rides, he LOVED Test Track- he keeps saying he wished it would've gone faster!

By the time we were in line for The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Piglet was getting restless. We waited in line for maybe 10 minutes, and when it came time for us to board our Clam-mobile, she had passed out in my arms! Because Piglet was asleep we skipped Turtle Talk with Crush- and I was really looking forward to it- and headed over to the World Showcase.

Epcot's Food & Wine Festival was going on during our trip and we were all looking forward to sampling different foods & beers. We figured we had the best chance of enjoying it while Piglet was napping, so off we went.

We got 1 country into World Showcase when the boys stopped for food, and 2 countries in when they stopped for a beer- Woodpecker Cider- it tasted just like Apple Cider and we all LOVED it.

A week before we left for Disney I was doing some lurking on the disboards when I heard about "Pick a Pearl." For all the trips I took to Disney growing up, I'd never heard of it, but it was a must-do on this trip. In 'Japan' you can go into their gift shop and for $17 you get to pick any oyster you want out of 2 tanks. A Japan Cast Member then shucks your oyster and you get to keep the pearl that's inside. I don't know exactly how they know that every oyster has a pearl, but every one I saw them open had 1. If you want to have your peral set in a piece of jewelry that, of course, costs extra.

So I made the boys stop in Japan so I could pick my pearl. I've heard that the uglier, smaller, and hairier your oyster, the bigger & prettier the pearl is inside. So I picked what looked to be an ugly oyster and hoped it had a nice sized pearl. My pearl was 7 1/4 mm. Bear enjoyed the idea so much he picked a pearl for Piglet, too. Hers was 7 1/2 mm! We got them both set in the same setting, and right about this time Piglet woke up from her nap.

We had to wait 15 minutes for the Cast Members to put the pearls in the setting we'd picked out, so we sat outside and enjoyed every view.



After we picked up our pearls we were off to eat and drink our way through the rest of the world. We tried the Festival Anniversary Beer, the boys had a few Oktoberfests and I found a new love: Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

We rode the Norway ride and took a few pictures


After Norway, we rode the Mexico ride and then headed back to the front of Epcot to finish the things we missed when Piglet fell asleep.

We watched the Honey I Shrunk The Audience 3-D show and rode Journey Into The Imagination with Figment. At this point, we were basically done with Epcot except that we still had an hour to kill before our 6:50 dinner reservations in Norway. So we headed back to World Showcase to get another glass of our favorite beers and then rode the boat across the lake to dinner. While on the boat I changed Piglet into her dinner dress:


We got to the restaurant right on time but ended up having to wait about 10 minutes for our table, so Bear took some pictures:


And then it was time for dinner.

We got to meet all the same Princesses as the day before:






The food was pretty good and the waitress & atmosphere was great, too. One word of caution for anyone who may be doing this meal, Children under 3 are FREE at all buffet/all you can eat meals. Piglet was also free at Cinderella's Table. BUT anytime you order from a menu, if you order your under 3 yr old a meal you pay for it. Not paying attention, we ordered Piglet a cheese pizza at this meal. A cheese pizza that all she ate was the cheese on top, and guess how much that cost me? $21.99! If I would've been paying attention she would've shared with the adults instead. But oh well, there was nothing I could do after the fact. :)

When we were ready to leave the Princess Storybook Dinner we had just enough time to find a spot for Illuminations. I have to say this fireworks show was AWESOME.

After Illuminations, it was time to head back to Pop Century. Piglet was still awake when we got back, but eventually she was fast asleep.

Next up: Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, a day at Animal Kingdom, dinner at the Polynesian Luau, and some fireworks of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment