Disclaimer

This is my blog, hence the name, "My Own Little Hiding Spot." This is where I'm free to write what I want about whatever I want. If you think I'm talking about you, you might be right. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. If what I say inspires you to have something you want to say about the subject, feel free to comment. Just do not use my blog as a place to start an argument with me over what I post. Again, it's my blog, if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Right Now, I Don't Like My Husband Very Much....

There comes a point in everyone's life when it's time to grow up and become a responsible, contributing member of society.

My husband has obviously not reached that point yet. He's grown up physically, and he does contribute positively (sometimes) to society, but he's not fully grown up maturity wise and has yet to become a fully responsible adult. He's 35 years old.

He thinks that just because he goes off to work everyday and provides for our family that he's being responsible.

To him, it's ok to go out to bars on Friday nights, get drunk, almost get in fights, and then come home. While his wife thinks he's at the 1 bar he started in and he's at another. While his wife is home taking care of the child(ren), waking after midnight only to realize he hasn't come home yet.

I can't seem to make him understand that part of being responsible is going to your regular pool league on Friday night and then going home. Remembering that you have to provide for your family, so not getting totally wasted and driving home-risking killing yourself or someone else, or ending up in jail- is part of responsibility.

Being courteous and somewhat sympathetic toward your wife and remembering that while she carries your unborn child around in her stomach for 9 months, she can't go out and get stress relief with a 12 pack of beer and a box of cigarettes-that's part of growing up.

Realizing there's more to life than your friends, and looking cool, and fighting people just for the hell of it. That's growing up and being responsible.

That is what we got into a HUGE fight about during lunch today.

Then he has nerve to ask me if I even walked into the back of the shop to tell his brother "Happy Birthday." Umm, did you see me walk back there? No. Did you tell me his birthday was today? No. Did I tell you it was his birthday? No. Then chances are I had no idea. The only way you know when it's my family's birthday is when I tell you it's their birthday. You didn't remind me it was your brother's birthday, that's a FAIL on your part.

And while I'm on my soapbox about this man I married, let me go on to say that I absolutely LOVE it when he accuses me of knowing everything, especially when it comes to parenting. It never fails, every time I tell him he should try going about something different with Piglet, he gets upset b.c he forgot that I know everything. I tell him I think we should try this to combat that, or other people say this works, etc. And I'm wrong b/c I know everything. Umm, hi, I'm a member of a MOM's WEBSITE where it is perfectly customary to ask for other moms' opinions on parenting issues, and I've actually be known to ask questions a time or 2. This may or may not be where I get my ideas and advice from. I can't guarantee it, but it's a good guess.

UGH! I could kill him!

No comments:

Post a Comment